Monday, March 29, 2010

Small finishes and an update






Here are a couple of small finishes that I did over the weekend. The first one was all the way stitched. I just added the back stitching. But the other cat I stitched this weekend. They were from a kit that I recieved a couple of Christmases ago from an exchange. They are stuck to the shelving in my office. They are stitched on perforated paper.

School:
I kinda went through a dry spell with studying. Just didn't think I could do it. Well, I got off the pity pot and have started to study again. Working on Chemistry. Emperical formulas, balancing equations, and all kinds of good "stuff".
Work:
I did a stretch of day shifts. That was something. I liked doing them so I put in a request for day shift. Not sure when that will come about but who knows. I have not heard from the UC clinic job that I applied for. I had that one interview but nothing since. I really think I would likeit there. I might just follow up this week. A different clinic did call to see if I would be interested. It would be a Pediatric clinic, which would be cool. Only 32 hours and a cut in pay. Thats the not so good part of it.

Reading:

I have been listening to audio books on the way to work and back home. I finished "Life of Pi". It was okay. It was about a young man that was suppose to got to Canada with his family to start a new life, but the ship sinks and he gets stranded in a life boat with a tiger. Now I am listening to "The 37th Hour". This is a mystery about a couple who are both cops. The husband is suppose to go to a retreat and he never gets there. Now the wife starts to look for him. This has strong women characters. I enjoy reading that type of book. It makes me feel smart. The book that I have pictured is another book that I am reading. It is a historical science fiction. It includes time traveling. It is set in the year 2060. The "historians" are the people that do the time traveling. I have not gotten too far in it but it is quite good. I found out about it going to different blogs. It just came out. And I quess the conclusion comes out this fall.
I guess thats all. Have a good one!!


1 comment:

Meari said...

Good luck with school. You can do it!

Congrats on your finishes. :)