Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello friends,
I know it has been awfully long since I posted.  I have had a busy few months.  In August/September I got a diagnosis of DCIS.  (Ductal carcinoma insitu.)  Stage 0 breast cancer.  I kinda went numb for a bit.  Going through seeing a surgeon, having a biopsy and a lumpectomy.  My days were full.  After my surgery I started radiation therapy.  Driving a hour round trip every weekday.  It only lasted for about a month.  The doctor said it would take a couple of months to recoup from that.  Well, I don't have time for that. LOL  I start going to school to get my RN.  My first day is tomorrow and I am excited and scared at the same time.  There probably will not be much time for stitching but that's okay.  I have had a goal to get my RN for a while.  The cancer was just a small bump in the road.  Another lifes adventure starts tomorrow.
Here's happiness to all that read this.

6 comments:

Pam in IL said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well now. Good luck in school!

Anne said...

Happy to hear you are strong and healing. Take care and God Bless! :)

Beth said...

Stage 0 - the best of diagnosis there is for cancer. Sounds like you've battled thru some very aggressive treatment and are now ready to move on with your life. Best of luck to you!

Brigitte said...

All the best of luck to you!

Shebafudge said...

Hi, I know it's a while since you posted but I was just wondering how things are going now. Hope you're ok. xx

Anonymous said...

Take Care of yourself going back to school is stressful, I am upgrading right now and barely have time for cross stitch but make time on Fridays and Saturdays so I can have a little bit of me time. Be careful to keep your strength up!